Careers in Fashion

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Emily & Erin Part Une: Pret-a-Portland

DSCN3147

Emily of Resplendent Tranquility and I had a smashing good time over the weekend. We spent Saturday rambling and roaming about Portland, Maine, searching for thrfited treasures, tasty treats, and some good old-fashioned American architecture to photograph and admire. Our mission was happily accomplished... Despite four-plus hours of lovely Boston-New Hampshire traffic. We passed the time blaring some old school cassettes from our nineties childhood (back when we first became friends, aw!)-- everything from Mariah Carey's Daydream and Ace of Base's The Sign (getting fellow travelers stuck on I-93 to dance and clap along made for quite the roadtrip party!) to a pretty hilarious acoustic demo of mine (ouch), even the soundtrack to Sailor Moon. That's right. We two Sailor Scouts enjoyed scouting a relaxing weekend in a nautical town... and were quite suited for it, I think...

DSCN3065

DSCN3088

DSCN3085

DSCN3095

DSCN3119

DSCN3144

DSCN3152

DSCN3153

Portland is certainly a quaint and beautiful city. I loved visiting but don't know if I could ever live there... it's a little too far north for my tastes (this weekend I was sooo cold in my little cotton dress!), and I like the size of and pace of life in Boston. NYC is my favorite, of course, but Boston is a close second in my heart.

You can view more photos like these on my Flickr account, if you are thus inclined. Stay tuned for Part Deux of our epic weekend adventures. There may or may not be a video! But I'll never tell...

Are you having fun adventures this summer?

8 comments:

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

I love your shots of Portland! Especially the black & white ones. And the one of the lamp post on the cobblestone street. The glow is perfect and I really like the detail of the red traffic lights against the dusky sky. I can't wait to see how mine turn out :)

I'm so glad we went up to explore even if it was a bit chilly for our slightly southern temperature preferences ;) Though I revel in any chance I get to wear a cardigan in the summer, so for me it was near perfect!

OH MAN. With all the other fun things from this past weekend swirling through my head, I completely forgot about listening to Ace of Base on I-93! That was awwweeesomeee.

Raquel said...

oh dear looks like you two lovelies had a great time! the photos are amazing, especially the black and white ones! and also both looked so cute!

Law1sfab said...

wow what amazing photo's and I love your dress it is so pretty. Yeah in London summer is here and not :/ it's abit rubbish to know what to wear. I love the photo of the seagull.
Have a fab Friday x

Unknown said...

Did you go to the Freeport outlets, too? They aren't that far away and have lots of cute stuff!

joana said...

Audrey is such an icon. Love HER. Feel free to check on my blog and feel free to follow me. I would love if we could follow each other, ohh and if you have twitter you can add me too or facebook . I would be so glad.
♥, Jo

Diary of a Young Designer said...

Beautiful shots! Loving how tranquil everything looks and that old town feel. ANd the dress is adorable!!

xo
Sophie

wishful nals said...

looks so fun! i love portland - so cute and beachy.

Lexie said...

i looove that dress! it reminds me of little house on the prairie and willa cather!