Careers in Fashion

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow day


This is the snowiest winter I've seen in a while, and I love it. I know the ice and the cold can be a bit of a bother, especially when it comes to driving, but getting snowed-in forces you to slow down a little and savor the beauty. I can't stop gazing at the snow-laden trees...

This is actually the 1,000th photo I've taken with my camera, which I've had for a little over a year. I love it! I've been tracking the steady snow accumulation all winter-- December was a record month for Massachusetts. My yard has become quite the winter wonderland! It makes the barn so picturesque.

Even the church next door looks like a fairytale castle.

Silly me, I braved the cold for a style shot yesterday. But actually, it was kind of warm out! It was sunny all day, so that helped trap some heat. It was the perfect day to go skiing, snowshoeing, or just frolicking! Here I am pretending to be in an Urban Outfitters catalogue!


Shirt, cardigan -- Urban Outfitters
Hat, gloves -- H&M
Jeans -- Delia's
Boots -- American Eagle via Payless

All photos © Erin Dale, 2009

2 comments:

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

I love these shots, especially since I've never been to visit you in wintertime! We'll have to fix that, I suppose :) The barn and church do look picturesque. Very New England, dahling. I love your style shot, too. I see you finally got some fingerless gloves from H&M, yay :)

Erin Cathleen said...

Hehe, thanks! I bought the gloves last year-- they've already got a hole in them! Not exactly warm, but oh-so-stylish! :D