Careers in Fashion

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How not to blog

Chloe's found her top napping spot.
It is a truth (almost) universally acknowledged that a successful blog is one that features near-daily updates; not once every six months. I ceased updating Ip & Audrey on a regular basis once I accomplished a long-held career goal: to start a full-time reporting job. I've been reporting for just over a year now, and told myself months ago that I'd get used to the pace and things would slow down, eventually. Well, I can report (ha; pun!) that I have yet to get used to the break-neck pace - in news, there's always a feast or a famine, and during a famine you have to scramble to find worthwhile morsels of information - nor has the pace slowed long enough for me to catch my breath. But! I miss blogging and have pledged to post more regularly.

I was ready to abandon this blog altogether and start over somewhere new; while I still maintain my tumblr, twitter and Pinterest accounts, this site remains to be my main outpost, and I hate seeing it neglected. So here's to getting back into the swing of things. I hope to make some changes to the layout and format of my blog posts, and I can't promise that Ip & Audrey will stay at this URL forever... but according to my traffic tracker, this page is still getting traffic, which shocks me, quite frankly, so I'm willing to keep giving it a go if some of you are still with me! And so: fashion posts, and so forth, coming soon.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kristen Elliott said...

I hadn't blogged in a while either. Good to see you back at it!!!